ALPINE EZi-DAB Digital Radio
The Alpine EZi-DAB is a professionally installed digital radio adapter for almost any car, designed tokeep in-car clutter to a minimum. It connects to any existing car stereo providing outstanding digitalradio reception as well as the ability to connect and control iPod, iPhone, iPad and many compatibleUSB devices. The unit is “Powered by Pure”, the world’s leading wireless music and radio systems manufacturer.
- 5 Colour Illumination
- Forecourt Pause
- Full iPod, iPhone and iPad control
- Works with USB Devices
- Dual Tuner
- Discreet Antenna
- Picnic mode
5 Colour Illumination:
To ensure the EZi-DAB integrates seamlessly into any dashboard and look like it was always meant to be there, the control unit has a choice of five different illumination colours; green, amber, red, blue and white.
Forecourt pause helps you take control of your audio content and not miss a thing – even when you’re listening to digital radio – and has been designed for instances when you need to leave your vehicle and return again in a relatively short space of time, such as when you are visiting a petrol station or cash point. How does it work? When you take the keys out of your vehicle EZi-DAB will still receive power for around 15 minutes. In that period it sits in a “suspended” state (display off), meaning it is powered up but not actually playing any audio (this is best thought of as being like a low power mode: it won’t drain the battery). When you return to your vehicle and restart the ignition (within the 15 minute window), EZi-DAB will immediately switch back on and start playing again in one of the following ways:
- If you were listening to an iPod track it will resume where it left off (the point when you last heard audio).
- If you were listening to a digital radio station it will start to play live radio again.
You can also pause the digital radio broadcast for up to 8 minutes, so you can fill up with fuel, go and pay, get back in the car and continue listening where you left off.
Works with USB Devices:
The Alpine EZi-DAB enables you to navigate and listen to tracks from a USB flash drive, mobile phone or MP3 player with USB connection.
The EZi-DAB has a dual tuner so no need to keep re-tuning as you drive.
To listen to digital radio, a special antenna is required. EZi-DAB uses a small, discreet windscreen film solution, where no cutting or drilling to your vehicle is required.
Picnic mode is perfect for when you have parked in an idyllic country spot and want a bite to eat outside but within range of your vehicle and would like to have some background music. So with the ignition turned off and the keys removed, you throw open the doors and turn EZi-DAB back on and listen to whatever you want to. After an hour EZi-DAB will automatically shut down ensuring that you never drain the battery on your vehicle.
- Controls: Backlit buttons including rewind and fast forward transport controls, play / pause, back, home and favourites. Rotary dial with push select.
- Display: High contrast white-on-black graphical OELD display.
- Display mode examples: Full screen station name, name and scrolling text, reception information.
iPod & iPhone support:
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th generation iPod Nano
- iPod Touch 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation
- iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s
- iPad, iPad 2
- EZi-DAB gives the ability to search and play the music via the car speakers. It also charges these Devices at the same time.
- Digital radio antenna in: FAKRA SMBA connector
- FM antenna in: ISO connector
- Analogue AUX IN: 3.5mm auxiliary input
- Power supply: 8 way latched Molex connection – 12V taken directly from the vehicles wiring loom
- USB: (type A) USB connection for iPod, iPad, iPhone, external hard drives and USB sticks for audio playback, also used for firmware upgrade via USB stick
- FM antenna out: ISO connector for pass-through of FM connection
- Analogue line out: 3.5mm headphone output
- Controller connection: 6 way latched Molex connection to micro USB
Prices And Fitting
Units supplied from £199.00.
With over 20 years in the car audio industry, The ICE House provide a quality fitting service by our highly trained team of fitters. Fitting prices are dependent on the vehicle make and model.